Volunteer with Us
We are often on the lookout for wonderful members to join us as volunteers.
Opportunities vary from moderating our Peer Support Facebook group, to assisting with specific projects. All roles are incredibly flexible and allow you to set your own schedule, and contribute as much or as little as you are able. All we ask is that you are able to volunteer for a minimum of 2 days a month, for 6 months.
If you already have good breastfeeding knowledge, through your own personal experiences and self-directed learning and / or you have projects and leadership experience, then we would love to hear from you.
In return, we offer training and mentoring, as well as accreditation opportunities such as the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers Peer Supporter Online Course.
Take a look at our eligibility guide, and then get in touch using the links underneath to be added to our talent pool.
- Be a doctor, a parent and have personal breastfeeding experience
- Be an existing group member for more than 3 months
- Understand the rationale for, and agree to follow the group rules
- Have read a breastfeeding reference book (such as The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding), or this free e-book for doctors
- Have a good understanding of breastfeeding anatomy, physiology, pathology
- Have a good understanding of the WHO code
- Have a good understanding of UNICEF BFI
- Have a good understanding of biologically normal infant behaviour and sleep
- Understand why responsive parenting is important, and an understanding of why we do not support sleep training at BFD